Saturday, July 9, 2011

Our Garden

Back in March, Ryan started his first garden. He had been wanting to start one for a while, but never had the time. His grandfather, Baw Baw, was an excellent gardener and Ryan wanted it to be something he could do with Ronan.

The garden was doing pretty well for a while, but now that the 100 degree days are here we have lost a lot of plants. We are getting pretty excited about planting new things in the fall.

Here are some pictures I got about a month ago right before a lot of the plants died:





Bell Peppers




Green onions. I have used these a lot for cooking this summer. I love having these on hand when I need them.


This was kind of a surprise in our garden. First, we thought it was a watermelon since we planted watermelon seeds, but then as it grew larger and developed a rough rind, we realized it was a cantaloupe. Ryan didn't plant cantaloupe seeds so we are pretty sure it came from some compost Ryan tilled in the soil.



Carrots!






The corn was doing great for a while. We were getting at least 2-4 every week, but the heat has ruined them and Ryan pulled them up.


The whole garden. A lot of the green leafy stuff in the middle are the squash and zucchini plants which is what we have had the most of, but I forgot to get a picture of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment