Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ronan William is here!

Sorry I have not updated in a while, but I have been a little busy with our new bundle of joy, Ronan William. Last Tuesday, I sat down to write a "Last Pregnancy Post" and was going to add a picture of me before going to the hospital on Wednesday to be induced, but there was a little change of plans. Ronan decided to come on his own time right before we were scheduled to be induced. Here is how it all happened.

On Tuesday night, Ryan and I went to a ceremony for his work where his shift was being given an award for catching so many burglars. On our way home, I began to feel very nauseous and kept feeling my belly getting tight. I thought they were just more Braxton Hicks contractions so I didn't think anything of it. Since I was feeling sick, Ryan went and got us a light dinner at Subway and picked me up some Sprite. We went to bed Tuesday night around midnight and I woke up at 3:30 a.m. with cramping in my belly. I continued to think it was just more of those darn Braxton Hicks contractions and tried to go back to sleep. I wasn't able to go back to sleep until about 6:00 a.m. and woke up again at 7:30 with even stronger pains. So I tapped Ryan on the head and said "um, I think I have something going here." We got out of bed and began cleaning the house. Yes, you read that right, I was in labor and decided to clean my house. I refused to call the doctor until we were finished. I know, I am a weirdo. I wasn't quite sure I was in labor just quite yet and I had planned on cleaning it before we went in to be induced on Wednesday night so I had to get it done before company came to stay at our house.

So after we cleaned the house, I got a shower. About 15 minutes after I got a shower, my water broke. That's when I finally called the doctor. He told us to be there in an hour and he would meet us there. When we arrived at the hospital, the nurse checked me and I was already dilated to a 4 and my water had indeed broken. So, it was on! My pains kept getting stronger and stronger on our way to the hospital. In the car, I had already decided I wanted the epidural! Here is a picture of me post epidural. That medicine is wonderful!




After my epidural, I was feeling much better and could just sit and relax. The doctor came in and checked me at around 1:00 p.m. and I had already dilated to a 7. Both of our parents arrived and we sat around and chatted for a little bit. The doctor came and checked me again at around 3:00 p.m. and I was already a 10! I didn't even feel it. It was time to start pushing to get that baby out! I started pushing at around 3:15 p.m. and Ronan was born at 5:16 p.m. We are so happy that he is here and we feel so blessed! Here are some pictures from that day.

Here he is!

My first time holding him.


Getting his footprints made. He has long feet with very long toes.

We were all able to come home on Friday. We were so happy to be home with our little man. My mom stayed for a few days to help us out. She was wonderful and we were so happy to have her. She left Tuesday and we are on our own now. I feel like so far we are doing well. He sleeps great at night. He only wakes up about 1 or 2 times each night for a diaper change and to eat. Then he is off to sleep again. We have both been getting about 7-8 hours of sleep per night. What a sweet baby! :) Here are some pictures of him since arriving back at home.

Proud Daddy and Ronan on the way home from the hospital.

He loves to sleep with his arms by his head.


He has many facial expressions.


First time to try out his swing in his cop pajamas.

Another facial expression.



We love our little Ronan and are so happy that he is finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment