I went to the doctor today and had no progress again. Grrrr! The doctor seemed pretty confident that I would not have him by my due date. I believe his words were "Well, it looks like I am good to go on my trip this weekend." Ugh! Then he continued to say. "Oh, what's a few more days of being pregnant?" Does he want to carry an extra 30-40 pounds around in 110 degree heat, have charlie horses, and tingling fingers, and waddle around just a few days more? Oh men! Because I was a little disappointed when we left the doctor (plus, I had only gained 1 more pound this time, whoo!,) my sweet hubby took me to get ice cream at Dairy Queen on our way home. :)
The doctor did an ultrasound to check his weight and fluid level. He said he is guessing that he weighs about 7 pounds 10 ounces right now so by next week he will weigh a little over 8 pounds. So he decided to induce us next Wednesday night and have him some time on Thursday, the 13th (sorry, Uncle Tim, but looks like Ronan is going to be a birthday stealer.) I am really not up to waiting a whole lot longer because I do not want to be birthing a 9-10 pound baby and the doctor agreed. Ouchie! :)
So since there was no progress, I guess I should just relax until then. Ryan and I will probably find some fun things to do this weekend to enjoy our last days as just the two of us. Who knows maybe I can find some more nesting to do. :)
Since I have no pictures to post of my own baby yet, here is a picture of me with baby Hunter when we went to visit them this past weekend in Waco. I was hoping Hunter would be able to bring on some labor for me, but no such luck.
The doctor did an ultrasound to check his weight and fluid level. He said he is guessing that he weighs about 7 pounds 10 ounces right now so by next week he will weigh a little over 8 pounds. So he decided to induce us next Wednesday night and have him some time on Thursday, the 13th (sorry, Uncle Tim, but looks like Ronan is going to be a birthday stealer.) I am really not up to waiting a whole lot longer because I do not want to be birthing a 9-10 pound baby and the doctor agreed. Ouchie! :)
So since there was no progress, I guess I should just relax until then. Ryan and I will probably find some fun things to do this weekend to enjoy our last days as just the two of us. Who knows maybe I can find some more nesting to do. :)
Since I have no pictures to post of my own baby yet, here is a picture of me with baby Hunter when we went to visit them this past weekend in Waco. I was hoping Hunter would be able to bring on some labor for me, but no such luck.
Me with Hunter. A glimpse of what's to come. :)
Uncle Ryan....awww. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment