Thursday, October 1, 2009

Feeling Fallish

Yesterday was the first day of October! I am not much of a fall person, but after this summer and how hot it was, I am definitely ready for some cool fall weather! Here are a few things that we enjoy each fall in our family.
I love fall candles! This year, I have one from Bath and Body Works called "Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin." I lit it for the first time yesterday and it made the house smell so lovely and fallish. If only it felt the same outside, right?




Also, we LOVE candy corn. Each year, as soon as the bags hit the shelf, Ryan and I both can't resist. We already ate one LARGE bag this year. :( (I think Ryan had most of it, haha) So sweet and chewy. They are delicious! :)




Each year, I also like to make these Crumble Top Pumpkin Muffins. I made them the first year we were married just to try them and we both loved them. Even Tobie, our sweet dachshund who passed away last January, loved them. One night she got a hold of at least 12 of these muffins and was definitely a little heavier and sicker the next day. I am sure she enjoyed every little crumb though. They are wonderful for breakfast on a cool, fall morning. I have already bought my canned pumpkin at the store to make them this year. I am just waiting for it to be a little cooler outside. I usually leave out the raisins. Here is the link to the recipe:

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=32389


I can't forget about our little Ronan. Yesterday, I made this video after he woke up. In the video, he is smiling, cooing, batting his arms and unfortunately he even passes a little gas. :) Please ignore me in the video, I was trying to make him smile. Enjoy!


2 comments: